This is FWN's 'Dear Abby' column: musicians send us questions, we post them with answers and a fun made-up pseudonym.
Our band received a well-thought-out mass email asking us to play in a Battle of the Bands next month in Deep Ellum. Seems legit, right???
I know BotBs have a bad rep but are they really all that bad?
Ron D. Corna
Just so we are 100% crystal, let's bullet point this joint:
- Run far the fuck away from that email
- (Seriously, far the fuck away!)
- (That's not far enough Ron)
- Take a hot shower
- Have an IT guy wipe your entire computer
- Finally ... REPENT REPENT REPENT my son for even considering the possibility
*wipes sweat from brow*
about the word writer person:
Prewitt Scott-Jackson writes Dad poetry & short fiction when he's not hyping and typing for Fort Worth Noise. His writing can be found in Ghost City Press (New York), Five 2 One Magazine (Los Angeles), Prairie Schooner (University of Nebraska Press) and Sick Lit Magazine (Texas), among others. He prefers short walks on the beach because – and I quote – “It’s really hard to walk on sand.”