Welcome to FWN's 10 Questions Interview. We are enlivened to have the spirit of Oil Boom on the Ouija board today.
Oil Boom's exquisite Red Metal is available for sale, new album out in October. In closing, Oil Boom would like everyone to please remember to have your pets spayed or neutered. --LB
1) With which creatures do you share quarters?
OB: Two dogs I think.
2) Most likely Pop Culture Alien Overlord?
OB: Kang and Kodos. Is there even a debate here?
3) What can't you live without?
OB: Season 3 of Coach on DVD
4) Ultimate Morning-After Food?
OB: Beets, highly underrated
5) Personal Symbol of Freedom?
OB: Truck nutz
6) Build a Bridge or Open a Door?
OB: Build a bridge just like the Judds did
7) Super Hero Alter Ego?
OB: Cabbage Man, a short lived Marvel also-ran that gained his camouflaging powers after eating a piece of radioactive cabbage
8. Underdog you Root for most?
OB: Any musician with a day job
9) Given the choice to come back as any animal, which one would you choose?
OB: Eric Burdon
10) Most important individual with the initials MJ? Why?
OB: Magic Johnson without question. All jokes aside, he is my hero.
about the word writer person:
Lyle Brooks sometimes exists as The Flashbulb (IG:@flashbulbtx). Among a plethora of other cool things & happenings, Lyle has fetched water for John Cale, made copies for Morton Subotnick and once lit Jim Jarmusch's cigarette out in front of a Merzbow show. He has eaten Mexican food with Fungi Girls and Italian food with Yells at Eels and documented them both. Tho his vision comes and goes, we are pleased to report his ears are in working order.