1. On a scale of 1 to "Holy Bat Toast Batman!"- how excited are you to be a part of this Fortress Festival lineup?
RH: 2 be completely genuwine, my excitement level is 69!
2. Speaking of, which act(s) from the lineup are you most looking forward to performing alongside? Have any of them influenced your music?
RH: i’m looking forward to everyone. i want to runneth over my cup with fortress water.
3. You and fellow Fortress Festival performer Sudie have shared the stage numerous times on bills around Dallas/Fort Worth; what does it mean to you to now share the stage with her and acts like Run The Jewels & Purity Ring? Have you two commiserated at all since the lineup announcement? Or have you considered making guest appearances for each other's sets?*
RH: i’m happy for sudie and i’m glad she’s on the bill. well deserved indeed! we’re just gonna cover each other’s music as our sets. “Smoodie”
*FWN Editor's Note: Be on the lookout this Friday for our Fortress Festival interview with Sudie !!
Traditional FWN 10 Questions Interview:
1. Dogs or Cats? Why?
RH: why so divisive!? purrs stir me up but who could resist a pup?
2. Aliens. Do they exist?
RH: fuck yeah aliens exist! there’s a big evil orange one who has overtaken the white house.
3. Drug of choice? (None is not an option btw)
RH: love making
4. Brown or white gravy? (Neither is not an option btw)
RH: just so u know, i’m a proud vegan. so my definition of gravy may be different. i’d say brown, because i like soupy black beans.
5. Favorite weapon of mass destruction?
6. Favorite marsupial?
RH: sugar gliders are the flyest marsupials.
7. Favorite Superhero?
RH: elon musk
8. Did Dez catch it?
RH: can we just, DROP this already?
9. When you die, if you were given the choice to come back as any animal, which would you choose?
RH: i’d come back as an octopus because i am curious about the underwater life and i need four more limbs. just don’t hunt or eat me. i wanna live to my full potential please.
10. The best MJ is: Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, Mike Jones, or Milla Jovovich?
RH: i wouldnt be making Space Jams if michael jackson didnt inspire the music i make to make milla jovovich dance, who i have a massive mike jones for.
about the word writer person:
Prewitt Scott-Jackson writes Dad poetry & short fiction when he's not hyping and typing for Fort Worth Noise. His writing can be found in Ghost City Press (New York), Five 2 One Magazine (Los Angeles), Prairie Schooner (University of Nebraska Press) and Sick Lit Magazine (Texas), among others. He prefers short walks on the beach because – and I quote – “It’s really hard to walk on sand.”