Welcome to FWN's 10 Questions Interview. We are lucky to have musical guru and stringed assassin Darrin Kobetich join us today -- an ingenious player with the mind of a seeker.
DK plays House of Blues June 16 & 17th, his smokin' Bluegrass group, Blackland River Devils are at The Free Man Cajun Cafe on the 23rd, then there's Thursdays at S&R where you can find him playing with the tribal jazz ensemble RageOut Arkestra led by MONDO drummer extraordinaire, Eddie Dunlap. --LB
1) With which creatures do you share quarters?
DK: unfortunately cats and dogs...
2) Most likely Pop Culture Alien Overlord?
DK: Mr. Bean?
3) What can't you live without?
4) Ultimate Morning-After Food?
5) Personal Symbol of Freedom?
DK: middle finger
6) Build a Bridge or Open a Door?
7) Super Hero Alter Ego?
DK: whoever was the Man-Thing, (Dr. Theodore "Ted" Sallis)
8. Underdog you Root for most?
DK: the awkward ones
9) Given the choice to come back as any animal, which one would you choose?
10) Most important individual with the initials MJ? Why?
DK: Mary Jane - legalize it
about the word writer person:
Lyle Brooks sometimes exists as The Flashbulb (IG:@flashbulbtx). Among a plethora of other cool things & happenings, Lyle has fetched water for John Cale, made copies for Morton Subotnick and once lit Jim Jarmusch's cigarette out in front of a Merzbow show. He has eaten Mexican food with Fungi Girls and Italian food with Yells at Eels and documented them both. Tho his vision comes and goes, we are pleased to report his ears are in working order.